Musings of Alice

Monday, December 11, 2006

To my Darling Bloglings... I have neglected you of late, as usual. Have just been for Chinese with Clare at the Willow. It's a buffet, so I'm completely stuffed. I even ate desert which is amazing for me! The best thing about the Willow is that it's £6.95 for buffet and then you just go back to get more plus pudding, and it costs no more. Yey!

We're now in the University Library and the woman is making the announcement that "bing bong - library and information services will be closing at 9 o'clock. If you have any items you wish to borrow, please make your way to the help desk." I've really missed the atmosphere of this place... Consciencious study infused with a mild sense of panic/boredom, aleviated by the sound of chisps being crunched and fizzy drinks being guzzled! A girl just walking in with about 20 books... looks like she's doing an all-nighter. Alas I do not get to feel that panic anymore... I feel so sad that I'm not a student anymore. It could never be as good second time round. Damnit!

This is a silly post I admit... the blogs other people write tend to be really interesting and intelligent. I must regain inspiration from somewhere...

More anon dear folk.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

I've got that panic, myself, for no good reason. I'm finishing a final exam/paper right now, that only has to be 1000 words (which is actually a bit of a challenge) and that's it for me. But I was in the library the other day, feeling the panic rising off of other students. It made me quite ill, actually. I don't deal very well with exams ... I hope I can do my Ph.D. in England because they're less about exams in grad school than we are.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the more mundane that your blog is, the more sane i feel. keep up the good work,

will

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am setting up a website called www.wewantaliceblogs.co.uk to campaign for alice to blog every two days. if blogs are less frequent, then our lives are at risk (from boredom). I'm sure will, gay dave, v bee and kath all agree.

4:37 AM  
Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Yes, yes. More, please. We need our dose of Daily Alice. (which may well be a reference to a book I read when I was sixteen)

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aah the good old days of being sixteen, the girlfriends, being seen at school holding hands, pert breasts, having your bum pinched by year eleven girls - oh the good old days of being sixteen.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home