Musings of Alice

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm Employed!!!

Hello people, and on bahalf of me, and myself, and I, I sincerely apologise for being so damned neglectful of you wonderful people...you who kept me going through my job search. And I will now post again... "AT LAST!!"... I hear one person cry... tsk!

Well, I spent a week in York looking for jobs, got a job interiew (my second ever) and apparently, according to my new colleagues, I nailed it! So now I know that the key to success in job interviews is to actually be incredibly enthusiastic, and emotive, and talk about the future, and your ambitions... I had no idea what I was saying, and still can't remember although certain things keep coming back to me...

Anyway, the long and short of it is, I got a call 10 minutes after the interview offering me the Graduate Internship in Student Services at York St John University, and thats where I started work on monday, getting up at 7:30 every morning... and I have an electronic Key to lots of doors, and an intranet diary thingy, and I'm due to get a Badge with my name and title on it in the next few weeks. And I am enjoying the thrills of learning to use Excel to an advanced level. I'm officially an office monkey... something I said I'd never be! Bring it on...

More anon dear folk... I'll not foresake you again!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr K said...

I'd say congratulations, but... well I already did. So that would be odd.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dam you, i'm now jealous

4:58 PM  
Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Yay!

I was once in a job interview for a flower shop, and they asked me what I could bring to the shop in terms of expertise. Having had no experience, I waxed poetic about aesthetics and the philosophy of beauty. It sounds like I'm making this up, but I'm not. It just goes to show how utterly inappropriate I am for a shop job.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home