Musings of Alice

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Judegments of Bearded Men

Now and then... alright, quite often, (for I'm a thoughtful kind of person) I sit back and contemplate my perceptions of this crazy world. The conclusions I make are never actually conclusive, rather, they leave room for later contemplation, as all good films and novels do. I do have a theory that I come back to, concerning people and my judgments of them. I am unfortunately quite judgemental, and have come to recognise it as a fault in myself. For example, the other day in the Science Museum in London I found myself being wound up by children who hogged all the fun interactive things. I wanted to play too!!! But alas as was always the case when I too was very young, I never got a look-in. The long and short of it is that I'm now feeling somewhat foolish for my strange jealousy of people so much younger than myself. maybe I'm psychologically scarred by my childhood, or maybe I've just never fully grown up!

One person who I greatly admire for his damning observations of the world is Bill Bailey. I'm teased for my avid love of this bearded hippy looking musician/comedian/dwarf...but seriously, the reason he has the edge over so many comedians is that he complains about the world in a bitter twisted, yet completely intelligent way. He makes a mockery out of dicatorial leaders of our past, for example, not by saying they were "*!%*!!"*!", but instead he picks out their comic value with genuine historical facts. He also claims that Chris Deburg is evil, which I strongly support! And that BBC News is signalling an apocalyptic rave whenever we sit town with a cuppa in front of the 6 O'clock headlines. I said they were damning observations, but really what I appreciate most in this comedy is the fact that there is enjoyment and a kind of fondness for all that is crap. It's a celebration of all the western worlds blunders... and bad musicians!

Another thing, I think it's part of British identity to be ridiculous, and I thoroughly expect people to laugh at me and the stupid things I say. I even make myself laugh just thinking stupid things sometimes! Maybe I admit too much...

more anon... I will be more attentive to my blog once again...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh amusingly we're both on blogs about jealousy today eh? Who'd have thunk it?

Anyway you're dead right on Bill Bailey - a great man of comedy is he. I'm sat looking for my DVD's now and can only see Bewildered...I'll have to stick it in the disk drive later and have a watch :-)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Ah the green eyed monster doth manifest himself in many ways.... mwaha! :o)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Mr K said...

I am still suspicious of your obsession with Bill Bailey.....

6:40 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

I'm sorry I haven't read your blog for ages! I forget, so I'll have to put a link up on mine to remind me.
Anyway I think that Keane sings "Oh, Chris Deburg, Chris Deburg,
Save us all, tell me life is beautiful," in Crystal Ball - it's all a sinister plot by Chris Deburg himself!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home