Musings of Alice

Monday, August 07, 2006

Jazz Hands!

It's official... Everyone loves Jools Holland... News Flash people... KIERAN DANCED!!!! I was impressed in fact. Surely that shows how great the marvelous Jazz master really is if he can get a staunch indie loving cynic to tap his feet! I ask you, what is the world coming to if we can't have a boogie now and again and not care what the hell we look like. As Kat rightly said, we were fitting in perfectly with all the middle aged people around us as we just really didn't care... in fact I feel it's safe to say that my dancing skills have now developed to the proud age of 45 with no shame whatsoever! The atmousphere at the gig was amazing, and the solo artists that Jools Holland brought on stage were truely amazing. What makes it great is the way that the audience can react to the music, and it get grannies up on their feet as well as tiny tots and everyone else in between... It was all over too quickly with the 10:00pm curfew, (grumble) but I was left in an amazingly good mood and was genuinely surprised how quickly it seemed to be over. Time really does fly when you're having fun... and have drunk some tasty wine... and feasted on fine food... I highly recommend such events...

Yesterday (Sunday 6th August) was also fun, although more mixed with exhaustion and moodiness induced by fatigue. One of my best friends, Paul from Uni in York, mentioned he was in Cambridge for a Volleyball tournament at the Rugby club, so I excitedly agreed to go to Cambridge to see him. So I set of with a map, dragging my Kieran behind me. We walked for about 40 minutes into uncharted territory before stumbling upon the Rugby club which we soon realised was teeming with rather athletically built, tanned and toned young people from all of Europe, Australia and America. It was very intimidating, and I wasn't sure we looked like we fitted in all that well! It soon became apparent that finding Paul was going to be a larger task than we had thought, considering, as we expected, his phone had run out of charge. We eventually found him, after stopping for a lemonade in a squashy plastic cup, being trampled by, it has to be said, two of the most adorable children I've ever met. After a brief conversation Paul went on court to play, leaving me to look after the children. Needless to say, I was cheered up no end by their endless babble of nonsense... It was a great way to end a rather bizarre day. I don't think Mr K minded too much either.

In other news...

Well it's not really news, but I'm contientiously looking for a decent job now. I'm hoping that a glowing CV and references will set me firmly on the road to success. I am however, very nervous about the whole process. For some reason I have invented an imaginary scenario in which I sit in an interview room and get laughed out by three rather ugly men in suits. I was warned by a few people that I probably won't get a whole load of jobs before I finally get one... But It's no good sitting around thinking about it like that. Does anyone have a thick skin I can borrow for this process? No... I didn't think so...

More anon dear folk... I feel a tea break coming on...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr K said...

heh, yes, yes I did, but only a little bit. And I had drunk half a bottle of wine. I'm not entirely sure what came over me to be fully honest......

6:39 AM  
Blogger Ben said...

Woah, I can't keep up with all this posting madness!
I tend to find interviews ok really, although maybe that's because no one usually asks questions that are too difficult. Although they get a bit easier after the first one. The bit I hate most is writing out the letters and waiting.

A good tactic is to exagerate slightly and if they ask me if I can do something I just say yes. If they ask me if I know how to use something I also say yes. Even if i've, for example, never used the program I'll just pretend I have - how hard can it be to pick up?

They might be a bit suspicious at first, but then they won't care after a bit as long as you learn.

Good luck job searching!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't commented for a while so thought I would.

And there it is.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home