Musings of Alice

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It all started with a song...

Well now, this is grand. Welcome to my first ever blog! So, I've been asking myself the question...What subject could be worthy of featuring in this first step into the Bloggers arena?! Well, I'm still clueless really, but I plan to introduce myself, with as little simpering self flattery as possible.

My name is Alice, unfortunately not of Wonderland fame, but my online name is Hilarious Catastrophes. I came up with this a little while ago, when I heard a song by KT Tunstall which includes the lines "miniature disasters and minor catastrophes, bring me to my knees." Now, obscure as they may be, they certainly struck a chord (there's a poor pun there somewhere) with me. I am, for one thing, very prone to miniature disasters. I am constantly falling over things... people... cats... doors... I swear, my legs and arms are covered in bruises due to my sheer lack of coordination, and not, as some might assume, because I get into fights regularly. I would be crap in a fight... I really would. On the other hand, while I may sometimes get frustrated with myself, and in the process scare my loved ones with my yells of annoyance, I do find myself, and the situations I find myself in really very funny. Hence, Hilarious Catastrophes. It says a lot about me, and the way I feel that everyone should aproach life. Life can be quite rubbish, but it's too short not to laugh at yourself... and God knows I have a lot of opportunities to do just that. I think this view of life is a very British one: all you need to do is read Shakespeare.

Oh, and there's another thing, I've just finished a degree in English Literature, although I can't really say I've emerged as the all knowing genius I was expecting to be. The best thing I can say is I've read a lot of books. And written about a lot of books. Yes, yes, it really is that exciting.

I will leave it there I think. You can pick up more information along the way, I'm sure I'll give more away later on in this Blogger's journey...

More anon dear folk.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mr K said...

You are a surprisingly bruised lady, and you also turn disturbingly blue in cold....

3:43 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

that is true...but i asure you i am still alive when that happens... :o)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Welcome to blogger!
Woo I have another blog to read, this is important as Paul rarely updates nowadays.
Congrats on the graduation and all that. What'll you do next?
I recommend you become an ace reporter writing about all the corruption in the government while avoiding MI5.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't fret Ben, for I will blog for thine Paul! I will blog this very instant! Ben, preare, to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Alice hello.

I'm Toby.

Get your bruises out! Been in a fight or something?!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali Ali Ali, Oi Oi Oi!! Indeed i find you very hilarious a lot of the time :P Am not liking this whole freezing cold England thing after being in the South of France where it is 38 degrees!! Have you recieved you "Nice" postcard yet? Hope to see you very soon, love you muchly!! xx

9:02 AM  
Blogger Imperium child said...

hmmm, i am now posting again. Well i was posting before just in one big post... did that make sense?

anyway, good to hear from u alice. I see K turned u to the dark side. Good for you!

scare k for me.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

How should I go about scaring Mr K? I'm intrigued...
:o)

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home