Musings of Alice

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Return toYork

Hello, from York!

Yes thats right, I'm in York again, and all is delightfully northern! I'm writing this for the first time from my laptop, which is, also for the first time, hooked up to the internet. Woohoo! I am once again catching up with the rest of my generation. I spend my life catching up! Saturday was crazy, and I nearly broke my back with all the stuff I was carrying on the train. This one woman seemed very concerned about me in my state of heavy ladenness, saying "eh Lass, you've got too mooch stoof there"... kind of...

Every time I travel northbound by train, there is always a progression from relative quiet to raucous noise. I always notice how loudly Northerners speak, and how much they laugh as if they don't care that they can be heard throughout the whole train. I like this feature about the north, and of course I'm only generalising. Southerners can be just as loud. Accents change as well. When I travel from York to Bath there's a changeover from a broad Geordie accent to a Birmingham accent, and then finally a Westcountry (Ooo Arr she me noice little cow) accent. It's like a lesson in regional accents! Sadly, I always invite ridicule when I try to do impressions of these accents... I used to think I was quite good... Tsk! I pity the fool that is me!

Anyway, Now I'm in York again it's about time I got on with sorting out my life... I'll tell you how it goes... Just before I go though, here's the reason I came back to York this Saturday... I'm sure they won't mind me posting a couple of pictures of their wedding... Presenting Sarah and Chris, or the new Mr and Mrs Sinclair-Wickham (sp?) I had a tear in my eye, it was a beautiful day... even though I knew noone apart from the bride and groom...

Chris and Sarah are announced as they enter the reception in museum Gardens, York... The food was from El Piano, the best vegan place around!


A Horse and Carridge!!!


Sarah and some family members, including her mum, and her sister, I think... I just like this picture...

Strange seeing someone my age getting hitched... *thoughtful look into space*...

More anon dear folk

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr K said...

I really like el piano, it's food is fantastic... but the best vegan place around? Sure, theres a vegetarian restaurant in York as well, but are there any OTHER vegan places? It's not that hard to win that title surely.....

3:14 PM  
Blogger Kebwa said...

I looooooooooove York! I was on exchange at the university there last year. I miss it desperately! I am very jealous.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! the bloke on the left does it for me (rub knees with hands)

indian mahat

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home