Musings of Alice

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Ominous Induction

Well, I've been INDUCTED into work, and now have emerged with a wad of paper detailing a load of people who I may or may not meet during the year I'm here. It sounds kind of scientific... it was called GENERIC INDUCTION which I feel is a very poor title to settle on, and it sounds very intimidating. Yes, this is the kind of discussion I find myself having with colleagues... I need to rediscover my life!!

I keep hearing that song by Razorlight, 'America', and I'm really starting to like it... particularly the line (kind of important) "All my life, trouble in America" which is fairly identifiable in most of us, I imagine. I may be taking it out of context, but I find it the most striking part of the song. It's turning into one of those songs that starts playing in my head when I walk at the right speed! Awesome! As long as Aga Doo doesn't start playing I'm fine.

Local Radio, Minster FM is hilarious, as it tends to play songs that are blatantly from the same CD, songs that were never released as singles even... I reckon they have maybe 10 CDs in their collection, and the Radio DJ guys do their very best to accomodate a ludicrously wide range of tastes (apart from good music) usually the kind of songs that cheesy DJs play at Weddings...Not that I've been to a wedding with a DJ... Bands, or string quartets, thats what tasteful people have! Yes, I am implying I only know people with good taste.

And I wonder whats happened to Jools Holland... Damn I have no Jazz to hand... I'm really in the mood for Jazz...

More anon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home