Musings of Alice

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Post Christmas Lull

I'm back... for one blog at least... I'm also back in Ye Olde Saffrone Waldone... or thereabouts! I've been feeling the pressure to blog from some of those who like to check in on this thoroughly dull blog, so I will oblige with a rambling... of sorts...

I hope you have all had a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! and are getting ready to indulge in more frivolity for New Year. For Christmas of course, I got the obligatory silly Christmas themed socks... which are a joy to behold as my feet nestle cosily inside their pink and sparkly exterior. My relatives don't see me mch and therefore have not idea that I HATE HATE HATE pink, and so I once again have obliged. I'm such a push-over, but hey it was Christmas! Tsk!

I also got Barnaked Ladies new album - Are Me - (very pleased) and About a Boy and High Fidelity by the wonderful Nick Hornby. Not to mention a beautiful Meowing Cat Alarm Clock... It will bring joy to my mornings...or alternatively I will loath Cats for their associations of waking me from slumber...

And of course, chocolate... marvelous!

More anon... More tomorrow infact... promise... :o)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i sympathise with you and your themed christmas socks. It feels wrong to wear them any other time of year, also...and i dont mean to whine whilst bringing this up, but why the hell do my parents by me (and others) large amounts of socks for christmas. Of course i need socks, but they just make a really crappy present. If they wish to buy me socks then great! but they have 364 other days in which to do it.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted socks, badly! Even tacky Christmas ones.
Got an African hand drum though, well chuffed!

happy new one

will

5:56 AM  
Blogger Mr K said...

Hmm, whoever got you those Nick Hornby books and the BNL album sounds like an excellent chap. I'd sure like to buy that fellow a drink!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yyyeeessss.

Alice is in one of those delightful happy and meaningful relationships, that end in blissfull marriage and the sharing of joy and each other for eternity. I on the other hand just end up in dull, boring and meaningless relationships where the other half doesnt really care about small talk or having meaningfull debates, but just lots of meaningless sex.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

I sense sarcastic bitterness and self loathing and I don't aprove. You're getting laid after all, so it's not all bad, but seriously...this is NOT an agony aunt column.

Yey Will! I wish I had an african drum for christmas! I have one my friend got me from South Africa but whenever I drum with it it sends up the smell of poo...it's an authentic cow hide drum after all... Heehee! It's very inconvenient.

:o)

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alice, alice, alice, i think you have taken my babble the wrong way again - i meant for it to be humourus :(

11:50 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Who said i would ever take you seriously? Haha!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home