Musings of Alice

Friday, November 16, 2007

The Dubious Hat

Yes, that's right. I have a dubious hat. My little sister gave it to me last Christmas. It is a knitted beret, with a fleece lining, and is patterned with green, turquoise, mustard, olive and blue. In theory it is a perfect choice for me, and my sister said she bought it for me because it was all the right colours for me. And it is... It's just... Well I have pictures to show you...


...you see, it is a hat that I find very aesthetically pleasing, but it also looks like a cushion cover.

However, no matter how I try to wear it, it looks totally absurd... for example...

...the jaunty angle... ridiculous...and impractical.

Then...

...the over the ears look, which is actually most comfortable, but which is frankly rather old-ladyish and disturbing. This may also be due to the face in that picture, but the hat really does do it all by itself.

I have also tried to wear it in the style of Jenny Agutter in The Railway Children, which makes me look like I've got a dinosaur crest...

I think it might be because it's octagonal. I put it on before going out, and then chicken out of wearing it. It is a very silly hat...

Is there any way to make it less weird?

More anon

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

but is it a magical hat?

6:42 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Ooohh, maybe... how does one use a magical hat? I would like to try! :oD

2:52 PM  
Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

I have no suggestions. I just had to tell you it looks adorable. I know that's not very helpful. Mea culpa.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home