Musings of Alice

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Changing Tide

Today is my last day of work at YSJ, and it's taken me all this time to really get to grips with the idea of leaving. Now, finally, to my relief I'm beginning to feel a sense of liberation... I think sometimes being tied to a place by a job or by people gets very comfortable but can go stagnant, and while it's nice to feel settled, it's not great to never want to change. Now I've never hidden that fact that the job I've been doing was a bit of a tumble weed affair, but I have worked hard when the work was there which is rewarding, and I feel so sad to be leaving such a hilarious and caring team of colleagues behind. They've made it worth it.

But, onwards and upwards, or in my case southwards. Honestly, for someone generally more comfortable with Notherners than Southerners, I really couldn't be going any further south! Someone I was speaking to earlier thought I was going to South Africa! which would be fantastic, but a whole other level of daunting!

Right then, on with the last day tidying up chores. I'm going to use the shreader. Good times!

More anon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home