Musings of Alice

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sunshine and Spontaneity

I feel surprisingly contented. I just had the nicest lunch time for ages, and feel really refreshed.

Today the weather is perfect. The sun is shining and its hot, but not humid and theres a breeze, so I ate my lunch (Brie, Grape and Watercress wrap...mmmm...) outside in the sun and persuaded some colleagues to join me. Hui Wen decided she wanted a Frappucino so we all decided to walk into town to accompany her to starbucks. Am now back in the office drinking pommegranate and peach and am generally in the holiday mood. I haven't felt that in a while and it's krept up on me by surprise. Lovely.

In other news, I stayed at my desk until 7pm yesterday filling in an application form to work in the International Office at Southampton Uni. With any luck I might get an interview, as long as they don't find my supporting statement too cloying! Another reason to feel jolly.

Makes a change from moaning about the rubbishness of where I'm living. I just don't care about it anymore really. Although I will share this... when painters have made a mess of your house ALWAYS wear flipflops in the bathroom.

More anon

1 Comments:

Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

I find that all of my best moods are food and weather related.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home