Musings of Alice

Monday, July 02, 2007

Boo hoo...

The electricians have started work in the house. They let themselves in this morning...I had to have a shower so had to walk right past them in a towel. Their names are Tony and Al. They need to work in my room at some point, which is something the landlady said wouldn't be necessary... she lied... again... either that or she hasn't got a clue what she's hired them to do! They seem nice enough... I just feel horrible with workmen around. They said they'll try to keep it tidy for me... hmmmmmm... how tidy is "tidy"?... considering they put a stepladder right in front of the front door so I couldn't get out without moving it. I also worked very very hard cleaning the house yesterday... Yes I am a mug!!! Oh well... bring it on!

More anon

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr K said...

I am not a fan of your landlord. Kieran glare!

3:56 AM  
Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

It does sound like you land lord is a bit unreasonable ... or at the very least, inconsiderate. In Canada, we have laws that say that the landlord can't let anyone into the apartment without permission. Although that doesn't necessarily improve the experience, because my landlord was selling the building and needed to take the buyers around ... they did warn us, but they knocked on the door and I opened it wearing a towel and curlers to see the two owners of the building and the potential buyer with their whole family. *sigh* I think it's about time that I just give up on dignity. Maintaining it seems to be a lost cause.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home