Musings of Alice

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hum-Drum Magazine

Hello there bloglings! What do you say to a new post then? Sounds good? Marvelous!

Lots of things have happened...things involving me that is...obviously things happen all the time! Bath Uni Grad Ball was on Saturday 2nd of June... and The Wedding of Paul and Eleanor, my jolly good chums was last Saturday 9th. Those should have provided a huge amount to blog about, but it's taken unitl I'm at home with my parents for the weekend to feel like writing.

I've been meaning to plug my friend Ryans magazine for a while now and feel that now is as good a time as any... so please take a look at HUM-DRUM Magazine (just a myspace site). Ryan is a friend from Uni and did the same English Literature course as me. His writing is grimly funny, and he had us in stitches of laugher in Creative Writing classes, which I took all three years of the course. The mag is full of short poems and little snippets of writing and sketches...all odd and funny and ludicrous. Particularly take note of the recordings of ryan reading some of his work (Soundeffects/music by Finn). My favourite is called "claude's trip to scarborough" (See the link below) I hope to have some of my own work published in it... although I'm not ready to let any of my poems (my babies) out for public scrutiny just yet. Also worth noting are Toby and Jeremy's Little Shorts... short films starring Ryan and Finn... Although the picnic one turns my stomach! I expect that more will appear on the site soon, as at the Hum-Drum gig last Thursday (evening soiree in a tiny pub in York with readings and music) more of their work was being videotaped. I'm excited about it anyway... See what you think. I'll also put the link in the side of my blog...when I remember how...

It's good to be back.

More anon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home