Musings of Alice

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Burn-out

Ok so this is not going to be an amazing post of excitement and joy. And I have never wanted to use my blog to moan about myself, other people (not seriously anyway) or my life... but I think I'm burned-out. Or depressed. But I don't like saying I'm depressed because I feel it's disrespectful/nothing compared to people who are actually clinically diagnosed and usually have reasons for their depression...

I have no enthusiasm. I feel hopelessly sorry for myself for no good reason... I'm tired ALL the time despite sleeping quite average hours (although possibly not enough)... When I eat I don't feel nutrition coursing through my veins (the oposite, I feel tired because my body seems to be putting all energy into actually digesting the food so the rest of me sits helplessly and waits for it to finish, by which time I should probably either eat again or sleep - ok I admit that I find this particular part quite funny in a miserable kind of way) I have felt like this before but I had a Summer holiday to look forward to at this time of year every year of my life until this year... someone help me! I'm not a nice person at the moment....at least I'm nice outwardly, I hope (apart from taking it out on a particular someone who really really didn't deserve it), but I'm dreading each day instead of loving it. I just don't feel like me. I keep saying I need a holiday, but I have whole weekends to myself to do whatever I like, and I dont feel rested after those either... It been like this for a few months now so I'm getting really sick of it.

I can feel I'm on a downward spiral...

More anon... (definitely not as miserable as this post I promise)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fancy a trip to holy rood house one weekend? Its a slightly nearer version of Alnmouth Friary (so I'm told)

4:11 AM  
Blogger Devon Alley said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon, lovely! <3

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice i love you! Can't wait to see you and give you a big hug, don't be sad :( Can you not take a week off work and go home for a bit or something? Everyone is entitled to a holiday!! xxxxxxxx

2:52 AM  
Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Oh, gosh ... I'm sorry I was absent and didn't read this until now ... I really hope you don't have to experience that again ... burn out is a horrible thing. Is it possible for you to take a break and recover? Spend a weekend in the country ... hopefully not at Penrith because I think that has potential to simply be more stressful ...

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home