Musings of Alice

Friday, June 29, 2007

Vikings and Cheese

We (the office) have "the best of the eighties, ninties and today" on the radio with VIKING FM... thats right...even the Vikings, in their gruff, unshaven, barbaric way appreciated some cheese on the radio... apparently... in my excitement starved cerebral zones!

Every region of the UK seems to have their own equivalent station. What is it about radio stations giving you the best of the "eighties, ninties and today"?!...possibly the worst eras for music, by and large... even the musicians admit it!! What about yesterday? What about the best of the fifties, sixties and seventies?! Thats what I want for a radio station to offer me...

Now Radio two... thats what I call music, apart from when they play the kind of country and western songs that go something like "Well I woke up in the morning and my heart was breaking, just like every other day of the year, so I was sad, and went and got drunk... (chorus) oh I guess I'll just keep feeling sorry for myself and go away somewhere but not today because I'm too darn miserable"... HEY it's a classic and you know it!!!! hehehe!

Anyway... It's Friday... Yey!

More anon

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHEESE!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Mr K said...

I dunno, theres some good stuff in the 90s, but most of it was not popular.....

6:47 AM  
Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Well, you know, vikings were great fans of mellow, synthesizer-laden tunes. They used to have Wham! singalongs on long voyages to keep the slaves happy.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home