Musings of Alice

Sunday, June 24, 2007

I've got icky stuff under my nails...

...because I've been cleaning the house...

Our landlady came round to do an inspection of the house, and was happy...according to Mike. However, she told him that we should clean the house from top to toe (scrubbing...not just light dusting) or she will have to get a cleaner in and will pay for it out of our bonds for the house Surely it's normal to get a cleaner in when there's a switch-over of tennants... but w reckon she's trying to save money, as usual... every expense spared!!!

Mike and I are the only two people left here, and as a result, I went anf bought a load of cleaning stuff and tackled the kitchen, and Mike hoovered and dusted the lounge and Jimmi's room (damn that Jimmi, he left it in a state!) Good ol' Mike! He leaves tomorrow, whic leaves me with the bathroom and the toilets still to do and the corridors.

What's weird is that she's getting an electrician in to put in new smoke detectors attached to the mains electricity supply (because they weren't already), and painters in to paint all the rooms in the house. She'll have to hire a cleaner after that lot anyway!

However... to aid me on my cleaning adventure invested in a quality cleaning product of high acclaim... and here it is featured in the much-hated advert... and if that's not irritating enough for you, click on the remix versions...

Also, work has been suddenly very very busy... just as I'm applying for new jobs...Tsk! I could have done with the work being spread out a bit more evenly but never-the-less, the days are going by faster, which means the weekends seem more often!

More anon

3 Comments:

Blogger Boo and Trev said...

This seems rather unfair that you have to do all the cleaning. Poor you!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I found a big juicy slug in the kitchen last night...not very nice... it obviously thoguht it would try it's luck on the nice clean floor!... :o(

5:40 AM  
Blogger Clarke Apps said...

How goes the cleaning? :-) Just been doing our place, not a fun job it must be said!

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home