Musings of Alice

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Saint Alice"...

...would be a rather exaggerated view of myself... but I do feel justified in feeling happy with myself after yesterday...

I finally got back to York yesterday, after the trains had been silly on Sunday, and as I didn't feel too excited about the prospect of battling with them until Monday, I ended up missing work yesterday and am claiming it as a day off. I'm back in the office now... this is my break time I'll have you know!

The reason I feel mildly saintly is that when I got back to York at about 5:45pm I went home, and because it was a nice evening, and it hadn't rained, I was able to weed and tidy, and sweep the front yard. The landlady asked me to do this, which I found a little strange... I'll admit I'm a tad house-proud... but I'm trying to relinquish all feelings of reponsibility for the place now. I finished working at 9pm, having got thoroughly green, or rather brown fingered.... my thumbs are still slightly muddy, which scrubbing hasn't seemed to cure...

Never the less I was pleased with my valiant effort... I think I could get into gardening, given the chance...

More anon

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr K said...

You are marvelous. I suspect your halo is blinding

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home