Musings of Alice

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We Have Moved!

I want to put up pictures, but cant yet, as the internet at the new flat will not be working for another week or so. Yes, Kieran and I have moved flats... It's marvelous...

Kieran has been cleaning the Bathroom while I've been tackling the Kitchen. When one is cleaning a flat as small as the one we've just left, there are some logistical issues to overcome. The one and only ground-level kitchen cupboard does not really open wide enough to clean it without being a contortionist... I ended up twisting my shoulders in an excrutiating way, and practically getting into the cupboard (only my bottom didn't fit!) armed with a packet of antibacterial wipes and a jay cloth... Yes, my behaviour while cleaning can be rather eccentric but the job gets done...

Last night I went in by myself and finished the Kitchen and Bathroom... Kieran's done an awesome job on the bathroom, so all I needed to do was make the taps shiny and re-hang the shower curtain (which I de-moulded successfully - geez, my life is exciting!)

All we need to do now is change a lightbulb and re-hang the ends of the curtains (and pelmet...yuch...I hate pelmets...useless fabric abominations!) and put the Dyson round for the last time...

Anyway, we're doing a good job I think. I can't wait to have just one flat to think about... And the new flat is about 5 times the size of the old one... Marvelous!

More anon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home