Musings of Alice

Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Cake Conundrum

Today I felt like baking a cake but I don't have any weighing scales, so I guessed. And I think I did pretty well...

However, the cake did something no other cake in the history of cakes has done...
I've made cakes that sunk in the middle before, because of over eagerness to take them out of the oven. But this one did the oposite... Can anyone tell me why?!...

Anyway, not to be put off from enjoying the cake decorating fun, I decided to make it into a jazzy looking 'Hat Cake'... Oh and I just can't resist...

...If this cake doen't taste good I'll eat my hat! (cake)... Which means I'll eat it anyway I guess!

And just so you know it tasted good, here is the reaction of an esteamed critic of all things chocolate and cake related... doesn't he look thrilled... He actually used the word cakelicious...

I'm still wondering what made it such a strange shape, and it is incredibly heavy too, on the stomach I mean, not to carry! Any suggestions, please comment...
More anon dear cakeless ones, more anon...

3 Comments:

Blogger oreneta said...

I haven't the foggiest notion why your cake would have come out so hat-like...a hilarious catastrophy, and a yummy one too it seems....maybe it was just a fun cake and wanted to do something unusual and interesting???

Blurb does deliver the the UK...well they do to Spain and about a million other places, so I assume that the UK would be on the list....

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali have you had all your hair chopped off?!?!? When did this happen? You look very grown up...

2:26 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I certainly have! two weeks ago. It was time to give my hair a fresh start I felt, in view of certain events occuring next year. :o)

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home