Musings of Alice

Friday, May 02, 2008

Norwich Adventures

Last weekend I went to see my lovely sister in Norwich, where she is studying at Art College. I had never been to Norwich before so I took plenty of photos. So here, as I have not posted pictures in rather a long time, are some images of last weekend...

Laura by the river on way to lunch... Norwich FC were playing at home that day so there were lots of people wearing the canary yellow strip in the pub.


I've forgotten what this place was called, but its was basically a ruined tower by the river. I don't have any theries about the scars in the wall... There wasn't much infomation about it that I could see.
This disgruntled looking fellow was just one of the many details on the ceiling of the cloisters at Norwich Cathedral.

The Choir stalls and organ. Photographs are easy to compose when the architecture is as stunning as this.

The posh seats... they don't look any more comfortable than your average joe's pew

The sun shining through the windows made these pillars look all the more interesting.


As our parents weren't too far away, we met up for the afternoon. Here they are outside the Art College. Then we went home for a barbecue, as Laura's housemate is a chef it was a little more delicious than your averaged charred offerings. However, I didn't take any pictures then, sadly.


This is the breakfast Laura made me on Sunday morning... I'm not used to such treatment! Please note Ernest and Gordon, the plants in the background. :o)

All in all it was a marvelous weekend. I'm very proud of my little sister.

More anon

2 Comments:

Blogger Boo and Trev said...

Did you have lunch at the Waffle House? It is fantastic!

1:52 AM  
Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

You know, I think I lectured on Norwich Cathedral this term ... I kind of went crazy lecturing on English Gothic ... the bloody textbook had ONE image of English Gothic and it was this awkward little interior shot of the choir at Lincoln Cathedral ... so I went CRAZY and had to push back all sorts of other stuff because I thought it was important to lecture on Salisbury Cathedral, et. al.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home