Musings of Alice

Friday, March 09, 2007

Pomp and Ceremony

Firstly... BOOO... to Blogger, which wouldn't let me sign in for the last couple of days, and secondly, Phew! Life's been hectic lately so I didn't even want to sit down and write anything. However I had an exciting day on Wednesday, as Archbishop John Sentamu (who is just brilliant) was installed as the First Chancellor of York St John University and there was a big celebratory service in York Minster. It was a surprisingly enjoyable day and not at all as pompous as you might think.

Not only that, but I read a prayer which meant my voice echoed all around the Minster, which was just weird.

There was also a giant puppet of Edward Cordukes, the first, (and for a short time the only) student at York St John, back in 1841. There was also a graduation style procession... I love the bizarre robes people are so proud to be wearing for these occasions. You can see what I mean here.

I'm currently eating soup with noodles in it. I keeps dripping in down my chin when I get an unexpected noodle. How embarrassing. No one in the office seems to have noticed. which is good.

More anon

1 Comments:

Blogger Clarke Apps said...

Shame I didn't manage to make the ceremony, I wanted to apply for tickets but I had to go on placement and a first aid course on the day :( Glad you enjoyed it!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home