Musings of Alice

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Barenaked ladies!

It was in 2001 when I wrote an email to my parents to tell them about my exploits in Chicago. At the time they didn't have internet or an email address so I emailed my Uncle who read out the email over the phone (high tech eh?!) which contained details, amongst others, of how I had been to see a Barenaked ladies concert. I was really excited about this, but neiether my uncle, nor my mum and dad had heard of the band. I'm told that when my uncle got to the part about the "unclothed women" he laughed so much that he couldn't carry on reading for a few minutes and both ends of the phone line were laughing so much they didn't know what to do with themselves.
Now they know better... and so do I infact. I was 17 when I saw them last, and on friday night I saw them agian, along with Mr K. It was awesome and we loved it. I thought it was a good excuse to post some pictures!


Peering through the darkness with an obligatory pre gig grolsch... £3.50... K bought so that's fine with me!


K with a Carling... bleurghhhh! (food stain on jumper...teehee)

YEAH they're on YEAH!!!! WOOOOO!


Kind of hoped this pic would turn out better...still, I liked the lighting, tsk!

My favourite... :o)

This was a really great part of the gig. One of the guys had something green on his tooth and decided to have a converstion for about five minutes. Marvelous!

Damn person with camera...did they not know that the most important person at the gig (me) was trying to create art?!

So I've finally posted the pictures a week later but hey... I'm keeping the memories alive... I Love this band!

More anon

3 Comments:

Blogger The Venomous Bee said...

Oooh! Good Canadian boys .... I approve. I've always liked the Barenaked Ladies ... they seem to be laidback and earnest at the same time.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Mr K said...

It was a very good evening, they were pretty damn good, and the venue was pretty cool- Hammersmith Apollo. The support act was cool, although I've once again forgotten his name...

10:10 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Boothby Graffoe ... I bet he made it up... I will finish this post soon... I have real problems posting Photos...

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home